View Single Post
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Doug, this topic is precisely why my attentions have moved from RL to this forum as of late. I'm fed up with elitist, self assured, self proclaimed experts who think their way is the only way, and that less than five figures means you're "cheap".
First, find yourself a different Guru, one that isn't trying to talk his way into your bank account. Next, take a look at how many successful home-brewed Megasquirt, SDS and other inexpensive ECU applications are here. Nobody will argue that Motec and other boutique brands are the best, but I neither can afford that nor do I need to. If you want to send your car and your direct deposits to a tuner shop and not deal with the pain, then you will find a very, very short list of shops this community will underwrite. If you are a gearhead and a learner, then doing your own EFI means you can have it your way. But whether you do it yourself or send it out your car won't be *done* for a long time.

I took my WUR out three times over the weekend and performed extensive yet fruitless diagnosics on it. I personally can't wait to take my CIS stuff and set it all on fire.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)