Thread: fuel ratios
View Single Post

Thanks Craig - I have a lot of misses on searches - keep getting notes about not enough words or similar. Will spend some time now - but was a bit of scramble to get the beast running well enough to make track day.
I managed to adjust WUR before first track run. Too far - was running 13-13.5 under boost. Pulled in after two laps.
Hit it near spot on for next run - sitting between 12 -12.5 for rest of day.
The low throttle bit is the problem now - kept richening the idle screw - but still leaning out big time under low throttle - 15.5 - max out at 16.
Makes it very hard to drive off the corners - loosing lots of time. I richened idle to the point where it is idling lumpy too rich - but at race temps it still leans off too much, off boost.
Flames out the back on over- run they say (and some backfiring). Just sad I can't see them too.
What an awesome beast on track - but definitely a challenge to drive - particularly with the bogging down and turbo lag in the corners. Eventually learned to keep the boost up (0-0.1 bar) way early with throttle to drive off corner.
But I'm sure it should be a bit better than this.
Will do some searching. But what a buzz - just doubled my miles in the beast - and most of it under WOT!
Yahoo!.
Alan
Old 06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)