View Single Post

Check your total fuel flow rate - it is easy - pull the big banjo off in the middle front of the fuel head - there are two big lines - the one on the LHS is the return line.
Put the banjo end into a measuring container and push your flap wide open for a timed 15 - 30 secs. After 30 secs you should have about 1100 cc fuel.
Your system pressure is supposed to be 90 psi (book value) +/- a little bit. If it is slightly down, with injectors opening at 80 psi, you won't get much fuel.
Book value for injectors is 30 - 45 psi. Something wrong with 80 psi.
May not help - but you can try flushing them backwards - in case they have screens and they are clogged/gummed.
You need to make up a non - abrasive little tool to hold the pintel (nozzle pin) open - I cut out a small V in shim plate and rubbed the edges down smooth. Then insert hose over end of injector (incl pintel tool) and push fuel/cleaner backwards. See if any crap comes out other end.
What gap approx is on your air plate/rubber. I'm trying to mount one, but I have about 10 mm gap and can't see how it can be any use at that point.
Alan
Old 06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)