Thread: WOW Tst Drive
View Single Post

WOW Test Drive

Just got back from a very nice 1988 930 test drive. I need some help and opinions on a couple of area's. The goods: Car was spectacular shape inside and out, 72k miles, mechanically outstanding. The Bad's: Salvage rebuilt title due to a fire in the trunk area. Repaint replaced fuel tank, wiring lights etc. Flawless job and no sign of any issues. lot's of before and after pictures. Salvage titles hurt the resale value. I personally don't care as I am a no loan kind of guy for toys like this, but I can't help taking a couple of thou off the asking price due to that issue.

One other odd thing is the car has 225 rear tires and looks skinny in the back. Nice Michelin tires, I almost wonder if someone swapped the 9's for 8's. I could have sworn there were spacers on the rear wheels. Fuchs by the way.

I am trying to formulate an offer based on the goods and bads. I talked to Jerry on the board that just sold his immaculate 86 930 for $28.5. ( In the for sale section here)
My head is saying 26-27k for this nice car. My heart is telling me to pay more. Thoughts?

Last edited by Hautions11; 06-02-2008 at 07:48 PM..
Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)