Thread: WOW Tst Drive
View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Hi and welcome!

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to be an azz here - just gonna speak my peace, and that ain't worth a whole helluva a lot! A salvage title for me is a deal breaker. From the description, the car sounds excellent. I just don't like baggage. I don't like "stories"...that's just me. If I feel this way, others do too, and if I were ever put into a position of having to sell, I don't want that sword hanging over my head.

If it were an '89 model with the five speed tranny priced in the $20s, I might feel differently. If you've got time, the right one is out there. The search is part of the journey! I think when a car comes with a story, you need to remove your heart from the equation.

If I were building a track car, or had plans to do a 934 or 935 conversion, I'd consider a salvage car, but not for something I intended to keep stock. I just don't think there is a shortage of good cars, yet, to consider this an option.

Best of luck, and again, it is not my intention to sound abrasive,
Jeff

PS: who knows, maybe this one is right for you...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 06-03-2008, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)