Thread: WOW Tst Drive
View Single Post

Sand_Man..

Your points well taken also!

I've actually dealt with several cars that have had the salvage title issue.. minimal damage, but the insurance company didn't have enough experience with that particular type of damage. In other cases the adjuster that wrote the claim was new to the game, insured was a high roller with the means to create issues with/for the company.. etc.

The age of the vehicle plays a big part, and if the owner is not a real enthusiast or doesn't really care, then they will total/salvage the car.

This whole "scary salvage title" thing really came about with the advent of places like Car-Fax.. which was primarily geared to catch all the crappy Jap cars that were being spliced back together and sold as low mileage cream-puffs. Most of the high end stuff that got smacked was usually broken for parts as they were worth more that way!

Don't get me wrong though... there is a fine line there and one can get burned on a salvaged car also.. I think you just have to look at each one separate and apart from the next.

That is except for one category.... cars that have been in the water!! Forget about it, they're parts cars only in my opinion! Damn, I think I've been at this too long.

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)