View Single Post
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930cabrioboy View Post
hey jbl930, the pumps work just turning the key, behind the head there is a connector with a green plug it is plugged....not sure of which wire you are refering to but I see no other wires...I completely understand the idea. I assume it would also help not dump endless amounts of fuel while the engine is running normally...right
thanks
Not sure what colour the connector is, all i know is when you turn the key and air starts moving over the metering plate, the sensor that wire conects to allows the pumps to start running. If your pumps are running just with the key turned on then you have a bad sensor or possibly dodgy wiring to it.
It's dangerous to have the pumps running without the engine running in case you have an accident and you rupture a fuel line.
Having the pumps running without the engine running isn't pumping fuel into the engine as no air is moving over the plate, it's just a bad idea to keep it this way for reasons i have already stated. I picked my car up once from a service and wondered why the pumps ran as soon as i turned the key, i took it back and it took two seconds for them to reach behind and reconnect the lead and all was fine.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)