View Single Post
Registered

Garage
I bought my first Cannondale back in '94, a Beast of the East. I bought it used from a guy that worked at the local bike shop in Ames, IA, where I was going to school. I broke the frame, and took it in to him. He called Cannondale, and they sent me a brand new frame. The was back when they had that goofy headshox thing, and the delta v or whatever frame. A couple of my friends had stumpjumpers, and treks. I loved the new frame they sent me, and rode it hard for about 6 years, even managing to break my hand once.

Fast forward about 5 years, I decided to pull the bike down from the wall in the garage and clean it up to start riding again during the summer when I wasn't playing hockey to stay in shape. Since I am in Colorado, I decided to add a front shock, so I went out and got one of those fancy Fox ones that only moves when you hit a bump (its pretty killer), put new tires on it, a new headset because of the shock, some clipless pedals, and I was ready to go.

The bike still rides great, granted I put some $$ into it when I got the Fox and stuff, but not as much as I would have if I got an all new bike. It has all XTR components on it, they are super old, but bullet proof, and over the years I bought an extra set to use as parts.

Call me old shool, but I like my Cannondale.

Bill
Old 06-04-2008, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)