View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Good question Jeff. I think you nailed it with your mention of only having one car. If that's the case - yes - the hits off the boostbong are hard to walk away from. Vehicular Bonghits are quite addictive.

I came out of some fun N/A stuff, e28 ///M5 then MB 2.3-16, then got into my first turbo'd car, an //S6 - K24 pushing 22psi. When that ran its 5yr course I got into my //S8 and sure I def. miss the boost. There's simply nothing like that donkeypunch to the kidneys from forced induction. While 11:1 compression spun up to 7250 via 40v with roller cam followers is gigglerific, hearing and feeling all the WRCesq sounds of boost building then exploding - well - that's tough to replace.

_HOWEVER_

I've found the key to be one *must* have more than 1 car. Unfortunately.

As logistically and financially annoying as it is, one car couldn't work for me. Biggest factor is auto vs. stick, but then add in turbo vs. N/A. So, have a few of this a few of that 8-). I need to haul 3 kids, traverse 12" of snow, swap with wife, and be able to sport a WOT triple digit smile at the same time - so there's no 'good' way to do it.

It sucks, but, it's worth the grins. Find yerself a coupla more cars 8-).
I've been telling wifey this for some time, now! My oldest is 10 years old and after watching an old BMW 2002 track car, humping around VIR last year during a club event, he is really smitten by them. HHHMMM, maybe I can take the father/son project car angle for the 2002...then a father/daughter project Alfa GTV. Yes...it's all coming togther! Then I need more kids...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 06-05-2008, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)