View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Don't let the secret out or everybody will want one.

I started out with a "quick" short geared 2.4L '73T widebody auto-x monster, then bought and modded and SC, then dropped a mildly modded 930 engine in the SC.
OMG what a difference the turbo makes! The horsepower doubled but fealt like it trippled! The 930 puts down more torque than the 3.0L SC off boost with the same SC cams. The 3.0L SC engine was quite litterally in terminal boost lag.

I was out testing a new muffler this past Sunday and rolled up on a late model Camero at a stoplight. Nice looking car with big tires and pipes. The young fellow looked over at me and revved his engine a couple times. I smiled and did the same. The light turned green and I waited to see what he would do. The second he hammered it I was on it. First gear in the 915 hits 7000rpm in about 3 seconds. I bang second and "hazed" the tires for about 10 feet. It was over before 60mph. I hit 3rd, let off and apparently blew 2 beautiful flames. He caught up and slowed down mouthed the word WOW, gave me a big thumbs up and pulled away.
God I love this car.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)