View Single Post

I miss my 91 C2 Turbo w a thicker S2 IC, cams, brakes, RUF suspension, RUF spoiler, RUF wheels, and 94 Speedster Recaro shell seats covered match.

I also miss my 72 911 narrow body w 2.8 mfi twin plug at 2000 lbs, R1 tires on Minilites and 265HP in an instant.

Both were a fast and a blast. The Turbo came on like stink but you had to wait, 1 and a 2 then bam!

The MFI was like a razor. If you just had a though you wanted to go fast or change lanes, you already were.

Though both had a few bad manners.

Recently, after a cooling off period of a couple of years I picked up a 85 Carrera w factory sport seats, LSD, and factory 7&8 Fuches. Took a long drive in the country. Was actually kind of nice. Still a blast in the twisties and made that old sweet music, just not so loud.

It has a lot of the Porsche stuff I like but I kept expecting to hear the exhaust pop and crackle with down shifts or have difficulty with start up. By no, it seems above that.

Yes power on the street is nice. Track time in a lesser powered car can be a rush to.

Now the fun begins of trying to decide if I am going to get crazy with this one or try somthing new and try to enjoy it for what it is.

It is already on jack stands getting new bushings, shocks, and rotors, pads, lines to go with the cat bypass & chip.

It is all good.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)