View Single Post
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Nobody would word it like that. I come from the Mitsubishi world where regularly we see fast Evos, Eclipses, VR-4s etc etc run +-40 psi.

You have to have very hevy duty head studs and a headgasket and NO KNOCK tune. Bottom end wouldn't necessarily need to be built but it wouldn't last trmendously long without it.

So as far as the pressure goes that doesnt really impress me, it doesn't mean much if the tune isnt spot on. I dont know how the tune would be spot on with that injection though.

I agree completely, i was just wondering if there was another explanation, anyone even admitting to running anything over 1.2bar on an aircooled porsche engine would need to explain what he had done to allow it to be done safely. To be honest on the older 3.3ltr engines anything over 1.0bar would be considered dangerous, and to do it on CIS would be plain stupid.
Maybe he got his facts mixed up, there are plenty of people out there with tuned motors that know very little about the actual engine, he may have thought the boost levels were that high but in reality they might be way lower.
Is there a link to the car so we can all have a look??
Old 06-06-2008, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)