View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Well, when I started tweaking everything tonight after work, I checked the system pressure. I inadvertently left the valve closed to the WUR, and stated the car, and it started right up! I was at 4 bar control pressue prior to this, but by leaving the valve closed, I had the WUR completely out of play. Pressure with the valve closed is 65 PSI, which is getting close to the minimum opening pressure of the injectors. I actually ran the car for a few minutes before I realized the valve was closed. It was running a bit lean, like in the high 14's..

From this I have deduced that the WUR is not the culprit in the over-enrichment issue, it's the sheer volume of fuel passing through the head to the injectors.I have a stock later model SC CIS system I purchased from a fellow Pelican coming. I'll swap out the fuel heads when it gets here and see how that works out. I will lkely need to send the fuel head back to IA for recalibration. Im thinking a stock fuel head will suffice, along with the Leask components.

I'll play around with this some more tomorrow,and see where that goes.

Post script:
Brian, I guess I was writing at the same time as you. I agree completely with what you say here. I just have no adjustability with the IA head. I appreciate the offer for the 930 head, I may well take you up on it.
Thanks!
Pat

Last edited by patkeefe; 06-06-2008 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: Saw new post as was writing this
Old 06-06-2008, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)