View Single Post

my forrest fire 930 !

ok ... i have looked into this through archives but I cant find a solid answer. There is a lot of talk about 8mm ball-bearing ball not in the oil supply line also people have added oil restrictors to the supply line, though there is no way the ball is in any way restricting the oil flow to the turbo. When the car is running , this ball is irrelvant.

This problem is driving me crazy as that oil is pushing past the seals in the turbo and causing the worst smoke i have ever seen from any car. It is like that arcade game Spy Hunter where you are trying to get away from the gangster types and you have a smoke screen button. I am absolutely blinding everyone behind me. Anyways, I am sure it is either the seals in the turbo that are blown or the oil return pump is not functioning as it should.

I am leaning more towards the turbo return pump as the turbo is relatively new (less than 5k miles). My question is about the return pump. Do these fail? What parts are rebuildable? All I have found are the gaskets/seals but I dont see these as a major issue that would cause pump failure.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is driving me crazy

thanks
Oskar
Old 06-08-2008, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)