View Single Post
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
This will be the death of America. Social programs like Medicaid and welfare (not to mention all of the programs that pay for low-income health insurance, childcare, etc.) encourage people without the means to breed. Regressive income taxes, capital gains taxes, luxury taxes, and caps on college aid discourage those with means.

Of course, I'm sure the politicians who have instituted these things view them as creating more voters for their party (who all expect handouts) while diminishing the voting pool for the opposition.
Yup

People who are paying for all of it put off having children, then have fewer kids, no more than they can afford, or they have trouble getting pregnant when they are 30.

Decay of american society, distressing thing to observe. Everyone should go spend a few hours in the waiting room of an ER or an indigent clinic, just to see how things are. Say like Cook County in Chicago, in Cali maybe SF General or LA County. Maybe on a Saturday night when there is a full moon.

No other possible end but total collapse over time
Old 06-08-2008, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)