View Single Post
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Imagine being a typical red-state double Bush-voter right now who lives in some suburb 20-30 miles from work in a city and drives a Suburban w/ a yellow ribbon magnet plus owns a ski boat and a bunch of wave runners and snowmobiles.

Imagine having actually believed all of the lies and cooked intel that painted Iraq as a grave threat to U.S. security after 9/11, and then trusted the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld machine to invade the country and handle it like pros w/ our tax dollars and young people in uniform.

Imagine believing that their lazze-faire approach to nearly every problem and policy issue, including diplomacy and the U.S. economy would even preserve the way of life we had, (much less improve it). The private contractor war staffed by employees of big campaign contributors, the failures in every possible area of security, (borders, terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and abroad, etc.).

Then imagine having to try to defend the coksucker on internet boards and around the water cooler. I can't imagine.
If you gave me a choice of Bush vs Kerry or Gore again, today....i'd vote for Bush a 3rd time.

In a contest between Bush vs Obama, or Bush vs Billary, i'd vote Bush as well.

We weren't voting for Bush, we were voting against the Democrats.

BTW: The US military started using all the contractors during the years when Clinton cut the defense budget to the bone, then cut it again just to make sure...
Old 06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)