View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
BULL*****!!

Unleaded premium was over $4.00 @ gallon in CA. when he said it. I remember thinking what an ass hole he was. He really acted like he doesn't see the connection between record deficits, a worthless dollar and endless clusterfuch war that he started, (and has no idea how to end), in the ME causing economic calamity. If he had an ounce of class he'd kill himself. But of course, he doesn't.
We may be talking semantics here.

At the time of the speech, I lived (and still do) live in Fresno, Ca which currently is listed as having the highest gas prices in the state. At the time of the speech, regular unleaded was under $4 (well under). Whenever fuel prices are discussed in the news, they quote the average as measured by AAA and they just hit $4 a couple of weeks ago - if that (avg for Regular un-leaded).

There are probably a few obscure stations that may be charging more - like Big Sur California, which is nothing more than highway robbery as the next station is very far away. (for those not familiar with California).

I'll try and do some research and get the date of the speech and the official fuel prices of that date.

My point was that the reporter has started with "now that gas has hit $4....and Bush simply stated "The've hit $4, I hadn't heard that." He did not act surprised, he simply made that statement and then proceded to answer the question.....which was?? nobody knows because the news only focuses on dirt.
'16 BMW R Nine T, '17 BMW G310R, '21 BMW R1250RS
Old 06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)