View Single Post

Yes, I was going to remove mine for the same reason. I had a 914 and removing it helped a bunch.

However, reducing rpms between shifts is not the best performance goal on a turbo. But, removing it dose make daily driving a bit more palatable. Especially if you have one that is not working very well.

Yes it may help emissions some but on a turbo it also reduces the shock the turbos can get when the throttle plate is slammed shut. Letting some air pass around the throttle plate helps to keep boost up between shifts.

The Compressor Bypass Valve also helps reduce lag and stress on the turbo.

One passes air around the throttle plate, the other around the compressor wheel. Together there is more benefit than if there is just one. Look at the size of the tubes plumbed into both.

One well respected tuner actually used to relocate the deaccel valve to make it work more better. I wish I knew what he was doing and how.

I do not know how well they do or do not work with the old style 930 set up. They have a different over-boost set up. I am used to the C2T set up which is the same as 930's with aftermarket IC's.

Regards.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)