View Single Post
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Just so'z we're all clear, like Brian said you can remove your Auxiliary Air Valve, it only helps with cold warmup, but a Compressor Bypass Valve (aka "teh blow off") should NOT be removed or disabled. It's job is to dump intake pressure when the throttle snaps shut (like during an upshift). Without this pressure relief the intake pressure will spike and your turbo will experience a reversion that will not only stall it (causing increased lag after shift) but could kill it.
If anything, when I yank out that other plumbing crap I'm going to plumb in a second redundant CBV off my intercooler. Get that boost dumped fast so the compressor can "freewheel" against as little air as possible.
As for the vacuum limiter, I understand its intent, if not its execution. If it's a question of engine-braking force limitation, there's much more of that from the manifold-pressure controlled wastegate than from off-throttle vacuum.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)