View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to 1fastredsc
I actually posted an article on it about 5 months ago here but no one bothered to read it. Cellulosic uses wastes such as wood, corn stalk, and switch grass and is leagues more efficient in processing then making ethanol the good ol fashion way (fermentation). Also MIT has done some testing with ethanol and found that if engines with increased compression that take advantage of the large octane rating are used instead of gasoline converted engines, then the drop in energy content of the fuel is balanced with the increase in thermodynamic efficiency of the higher compression.
One more thing, the ethanol being used in the C6R's e85, as well as the e10 for everyone else racing in the ALMS is cellulosic ethanol.

EDIT: Forgot to add though, there still would never be enough to feed the nations powering needs, in my opinion. However it could make one hell of a race fuel for the older cars . Also Lubemaster, i have a friend with a drag rail that runs on alcohol. He says that he uses brad penn oil as it's the only one that takes well to running alcohol in his BBC. If you could find some information maybe you can share why that is?

Last edited by 1fastredsc; 06-10-2008 at 12:23 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 12:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)