View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to 1fastredsc
I just had an afterthought that i wanted to add too. My in law's are over for the summer from Serbia, and after doing the conversions, they are paying about 8$/USgal.

Here's another way to twist some perceptions, ever notice how quickly and motivated people are to find other ways to fulfill there energy needs with the prices the way they are? My ME magazine two issues ago was talking about a solar panel company that is working on and close to making a breakthrough that could make them as cheap as 1$ per watt. If i remember right it had something to do with using a different material to make the panels, this way they don't have to compete with ICU manufacturers over raw materials. I also read a few days ago that a rich oil tycoon from texas just spent a few billion and will begin the construction of the largest wind farm in the nation. If oil and gas prices were as cheap as the 90's when we were basically bathing in it, i don't think anyone would have the motivation to develop these things and make them better. Just a thought.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)