View Single Post
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
The issue is the cost. When you introduce 2 Plugs per Cylinder it makes it really expensive. If you ran the Distributor you need to run 2 channels, the dreaded big headed Distributor. Or you can run another 6 pole Distributor off the Air Pump drive @ # 3 Cylinder. Which ever way you go, it gets expensive.

If you go with Individual Coils or 6 Dual output Coils either in packs or separate, you still need 6 channels of Ignition. That is Pro 16 CDI. If you have 6 Dual output Coils you will need 1 Pro 16 unit and the plug energy will be ½’ed as the single channel is firing 1 coil which is firing 2 plugs. To get the max energy you would want 12 Coils and 2 Pro 16 units.

If you go with a Distributor you would need 1 Pro 10 units, single channel units each driving each Distributor. If it was me, I would go this route. Keep it simple, get max energy and 2 less expensive CDI units. You could use 2 MSD units here as well.

The Pro 10 units have a system where you can run up to 150 Mjoules of plug energy far greater than any other system out the now. We often use this system. At the lower engine speeds and starting we have it in multi spark mode and when the manifold pressure increases we switch it over to the high power mode.

Hope this helps. Whatever you do, it will cost, but the results are worth it.

Neil
The extra 6-point dizzy that he mentions is a solution that he and I discussed a while back. I have pictures of it. As with anything Neil does, it's pretty slick.

I'm seriously thinking about the JB Racing 12 point dizzy with MSD 6AL CDI box and MSD Blaster SS coils. I suppose I could always sell my Electromotive stuff on the used market.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 06-11-2008 at 10:15 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)