View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Well there are bump steer spacer kits for the rack and there are bump steer kits for the tie-rods(with or without including tie-rods). The price varies according to quality and quantity of parts. The spacers for the rack, work OK if you do not go very low. the tie-rod kits are the preferred method. Mine came with tie-rods and spacer collars for the tie-rod ends, and ran me $225.00 for a RSR brand thru Loos Motor Sports, who by the way are great folks to work with.
A decent alignment will run you $150.00, and a corner balance with alignment $250.00 +/-.
Dropping the rear is not difficult, but can be a game of trial and error until you get it just right. But after the third or so try...you get real fast at it!!
Remember, trying to do it yourself can only lead to 2 things...personal success & a trip to the alignment shop or ......a learning curve and a trip to the alignment shop. Either way you are still ending up at the alignment shop, just one way might save you some money.

P.S. I went 2 inch's below euro spec. so I know low! Don't go lower than your area road conditions and your driving awareness level.

Mark
Old 06-10-2008, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)