View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Do your own Alignment

If you have two jack stands and a string, an aluminum spirit level and a scale, you can align your own car.
I used to align my SC and now I align my 965.
If you are not going to track your car, careful ride height setting will corner balance your car good enough for road use. I would recommend having your weight in the drivers seat and the maximum amount of gasoline you will run (I keep 1/2 of a tank full on board at most). Set the ride height as close as you can get it and then align.
For the first time it will take eight hours to do, but it is one of the more financially and emotionally rewarding DYI's you can do.
My only hint that you won't find in the other threads is to match mark the adjustment bolts for rear toe and camber. That way if you turn a bolt in the wrong direction, making camber more positive when you wanted to go more negative, for example, it's easy to go back and move the bolt in the right direction and by the right amount. That is a big time and frustration there.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)