View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Thanks Mark & Paul.

I don't want to go 'that' low, just rid the Rancho look. And no way Jose I'll DIY my alignment - I have the Fecal Touch, ya see...

Kilodawg... get out there NOW and lower that sucker. I'm *so* kicking myself for not better listening to everyone who said it was a joke (fronts, that is). Holy crap - what a total joke.

Put car on stands last night, loosened torsion bar adjusting bolts 1/2 turn, put car on ground - VOILA! I may not even bother clocking the rears now - it looks damn good. Literally took me 2 minutes. 11mm socket and you're done. Look under the rear of the control arm, near the jack point, you'll see a long hex bolt on each side - that's the one.

Car looks sooooooooooo much better I cannot believe I waited this long (had car since fall).

I'm left wondering if I even need to realign right now since I only went down 'some'. Knowing me I'll prolly give the rears a whirl and bring the front down a tick to maintain rake, then go for the align - the rears will likely start to urk me, my guess.

Thanks again for the motivation / support gents!!! I'll get surfing on the rears - tho since Kilodawg came up short... hey Yasin, can you point us the way?

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-11-2008, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)