View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
From the files of - I'm AWESOME!: I dropped my...

...f'n dipstick down the filler neck yesterday.

<<>>!!!!!!!!!

8-)

I know I know I know - ***I suck*** - think of it this way... my stooooopidity is you humor.

It was early pre-java and I thought I'd caught the lip of the tiny orifice but nooooooope. Ka-plunk down she went.

_DUMBASS_

Anywhoooo...

So I went after it with a telescoping magnet stick to no avail. Couldn't see / feel a thing. My question is - somewhere someone's done this before... WHAT TO DO?

I'm due for an earl change this weakend anyway, got that much going for me. Is there an easy way to remove the tank and fish it out?

More worriesome - is it OK to run it like this? My fear was it'd block the pick up feed and starve me, or there was some impeller down there and I'd muff it up - both my luck. Earl pressure looks good as do temps, drove home yest. and in today.

Bueller?

Any help here muchacholy appreciatto. And _stop_laughing_ already!!! It takes a huge man to come forward here pride in hand admitting this and asking for help (or a complete jackass - errrr...).

D'oh!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-13-2008, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)