View Single Post
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ935 View Post
To each his own... I have quite a few muscle cars and quite a few Porsche's and I don't consider any of them junk . The reason why many muscle cars , like first generation Camaro's, have increased so much in value is because the demographic for the buyers is from 8 years of age to 80 .

I drive one of my 60'd muscle cars down the road and I get more thumbs up from people than I ever have in ay Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini I ever owned.

And a DZ 302 that winds up to 8500 rpms never found it's way into a dump truck . And niether did any other solid lifter 60's or 70's era small block or big block motor I know of.
I am with you on that. My first car when I was sixteen was a 1967 350/4spd SS Camaro. I miss that car and still hold, to this day, a strange "want and desire" to build another one. One of the reasons I don't is the same reason I sat on my second SS/RS for 16 years and finally sold it in 1995 was because I knew that it could never corner, handle or look the same way a sexy and vibrant turbo 930 (redundant-sorry) could. So with that,, I let it go in direct pursuit of the 930. EACH and EVERY time,,, I go into the garage and JUST look at the 930,,, I feel a feeling that not many will ever know. Words cannot describe all that this car can do,, not only on the road or if just sitting at the wheel static,, but maybe a kind memorable thought.

Enough said.

But, honestly,, a mere feeling from all that truly know cannot evoke a spike in sales or demand. This country just has it's focus on other points of interest and for that,, the early turbos/911's will always be fighting a reverse curve. Sad, but true.

Now,,, if we were in Germany,, I think the sentiments would be far sight different.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)