View Single Post

turbo /wg boot

thank's for the reply all the way from sweden. a new boot is already in hand and will go in very soon.will test it with air pressure about 15-16 pounds or a little over a bar since there is a 1.0 spring implanted.hopefully this will restore the boost. the turbo has very little if not minimal play to speak of. i did read on the forum about several issues that could contribute to some smoking under acceleration. one being that a 9mm steel ball bearing that lives just under the pressure switch. they said to check to see if there is one in place,if not then this could increase pressure adding excessive pressure to the turbo oiling system thus the intake pipe coated with oil up to the i/c base flange. second is the crankcase ventilation. i have a large stainless braided line that goes from the rear outlet (just by the loop hook) or the pressure switch itself over to the filler oil neck. just a continuous line. there is, just next to the oil fill cap a small neck that i put a k/n filter that i have ran for many years on my old retired sc 3.0 without any problems. do i need a break in the braided line to properly vent the crankcase? could this be causing what appears to be excessive pressure, or the extra oil in the i/c intake as well some smoke just on the drivers side exhaust while under acceleration? i am vexed at this point. i hope for enlightenment from some of the gifted such as yourself. thank you very much for your time and sharing of knowledge, george
Old 06-13-2008, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)