View Single Post

Garage
Thanks RarlyL8

My idea was two fold.

1) I wanted to make sure the engine was as it should be before any mods.

2) The mods could be reversed fairly easily if I ever wanted to restore the car back to original.

I've had the bottom end rebuilt with new crank bearings. The rods have new bearings and ARP rod bolts. Head studs are 993. I bought a set of 97mm pistons and barrels with less than 13000 miles on them which were beautiful and very straight, and they've had new rings.
I've tidied up the ports on the heads for smoother flow and polished the exhaust ports and new in/ex guides fitted. The head faces have been skimmed slightly to make sure of a good seal and maybe raise the compression ever so slightly. I'm also removing the air injection so the holes have been plugged.
The cams have been changed to 964 C2 cams and I've installed the Chinese sweatshop headers. This is all being done on a very tight budget and I couldn't afford better headers.
Thats about it so far.

I've got a iA K27 HyFlow turbo and a TiAL 46mm wastegate with 0.6bar spring as I'm toying with the idea of an EVC boost controller. I've also got the springs for 1.0bar if I don't go EVC. I have a 965 Turbo2 intercooler which I'm planning to fit and I'm looking for tips on how to do this at the moment because I haven't got a clue but sand_man has helped me a fair bit with this so far.
Finally the cherry will be one of your beautiful mufflers.

Thanks for your interest RarlyL8.

Robert.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)