View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
I was fortunate to grow up in a car family and my father bought three new cars every year.. a Caddy , A Corvette and a Porsche. My father introduced Porsche to our Nor Cal neighborhood and soon you were seeing 911's everywhere in my town during the late 60's . I do own I have three 69 Z/28's . One Van Nuys survivor one owner car, a fully restored Z and my driver Z . I took the complete original drive train out of it and built a 427 SB that makes almost 600 hp and 550 lb ft on a 9:5 to 1 motor on pump gas. I also put a full suspension under it with big brakes and a 5 speed and it handles pretty nice and is very fun to drive in the canyon. On the flip side, my stock Z (the 302 was initiated for the 305ci limit in the Trans Am series, the 69 SUNUCO Z/28 of Roger Penske won the T/A championship that year) is also fun to drive. Put some good gas in it and wind it up to between 5 to 8 grand and throttle steer that bad boy around the canyon roads is a blast.

That being said, I believe the original body style 911 turbo's are an incredible value . I owned my 83 for almost 20 years and wish I still had it.

The "driver"

Old 06-14-2008, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)