View Single Post

how much turbo lag is normal.

I've never driven or been in another 930, so have little to compare to, and a board like this is probably a difficult way to accurately describe the issue - compared to trying another car.
I had my first full race day y/day in the car after months of trying to get it running good. It is slower than I expected, possibly because I am not so familiar with driving it, but one area where Iwas loosing a lot of time was getting some power down early enough in corners. It was simply bogging down, at times I had my foot nailed in 2nd gear waiting for something to happen, and hoping it did not all happen at once. Once it came on to boost, I could back off the throttle and start to drive it off the corner. But much time wasted in between waiting for something to happen. AFR's seem reasonable - at boost at least - max rpm out to 12.4, and starting around 11.8. (fiddled with WUR) Interestingly, the metering piston I manufactured seems to operate in a narrower AFR range than the original one - which went from too rich to too lean. But there has , in my view been a constant leaness issue at low throttle openings (putting early power on in corner) - around 14 AFR. I don't know how much is due to turbo lag, and how much fuel related - possibly both. But how responsive would you normally expect the beast to be below boost - mine seems fairly dead until it picks up to around 0.1 bar, then it lights up and is very throttle responsive.
Standard turbo, 0.8 boost.
Alan
Old 06-15-2008, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)