View Single Post

Garage
GJ, Here's where things stand at the moment. It turns out that the FPR was indeed bad, as we got an immediate rock solid 45lbs of fuel pressure at idle when i plugged in a replacement stock carrera FPR and Diaphragm diamper. I happened to have a Carrera manifold with fuel rails and lines that i had purchased for another project (those ebay part scores for 'when you need it' actually do pay off every now and then). This was up from 35lbs at idle before. We saw a good 1" or so of vac, which did go to zero with revs as you said. I was finally able to get in touch with Tony Miller, the engine builder (he no longer has a shop number, as he just works via his cell number and word of mouth!! - I acutally asked a pelicanite living in Whittier to go by his shop with my number and he gave me a call. This board rocks!) who provided a lot of insight into the engine and TEC1. He said that he never fine tuned the engine completely on the dyno, and wasnt surprised with the crummy AFR's. He also told us that he had built in a port to the TEC1 (which in his opinion was not as bad a EM platform as everyone thinks) which we could access to move fuel around. We found the port, and ordered the access cable from Electromotive, and plan to see where we are this week with the car on the dyno once again. Contrary to what's been said, the guys at Electromotive have been great in support, and there is one knowledgeable TEC1 guru in particular named 'Fred' who seems to care about customers with the older TEC1 and willing to provide support. The million dollar question is now if the TEC system is still running 100%, or my guy think we can really tune it to run 1 bar of boost safely. Hopefully will have more info later this week. Stay tuned!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 06-18-2008, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)