View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
The JB Racing distibuter with duel MSD 6al and duel MSD blaster coils is the setup on my 1979 930 just finished in April. We could have gone with electromotive, but I like the retro feel of no computers. Mounted the 2 boxes on the firewall, and the 2 coils in the CDI box's spot. One lead will fire both units. We did have to massage things a bit to get it to fit, it is a large dist. cap. We used these 22deg hoses, and that got us around the dist. on the way to the intercooler. http://www.turbohoses.com/22degree.htm I am using the Blown6 965 intercooler. I set the 6al rev limit at 7000. Be careful installing the cap. If you don't come down straight you could break the rotor, it has that funky second story. Next I'm gonna put in some switches so I can turn one or both units off; see if their working and cheap anti-theft. So far this setup is great.
Thanks for the info. I've got a factory 965 intercooler and boost pipe, so we'll see with a test fit just how close it will all be.

I'm just curious, what did you end with for timing?

I'm on Electromotive right now, and have been taking several timing readings. Because my current system has a MAP sensor, the timing can be quickly retarded as boost increases. My at idle timing is 24 degrees. Cruising, no boost, it varies between 27 and 30 degrees. WOT, full boost, I'm quickly down to 22 to 20 degrees.

So I had Mike lock down the advance and I'll just set the total timing to 22 degrees. We both think this should be fine, and eventually I'll be able to dial it in a dyno.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 06-18-2008, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)