View Single Post

Yes, I agree, mashing the peddle ahead of the torque is not smart. I actually feed the power on just ahead of the torque from a start, but rolling thru the corners once I had no throttle response I found myself with it nailed to the floor simply trying to hurry things along.
I had to do same progressive throttle with Torana anyway - the clutch would just spin if I gave it all at once (even in 2nd). Smoke thru the floor. Bad sign. I don't think it is imagination - I think you do better by feeding the power on.
Part of the problem is I have little to compare to. The car would not even run when I collected it at the port. Had to get a trailer to bring it home. Then discovered a bag of problems that have kept me occupied for 6 mths to get this far.
I think I will pull the intake/fuel stuff off again. Not sure what the BOV effect is if seals no good - suspect more to do with spooling turbo up - lag?
Depending on what we define as lag - if it is the zone between picking up power to max power, I suspect I have very little. I am very impressed with it in this zone - it is extremely driveable and once in this zone from 3000 up, you can balance it on the throttle in the corners pretty well. Some nice power slides (not intentional).
Alan
Old 06-18-2008, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)