View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Lapponia
How did your old brake fluid look like before change? Was it ink? I can see many brake fluid container in pictures here at Pelican and that is a sure sign of BAD oil and prob water in it.
This issue has been up here several times an I remember one a year ago or so. Your brake master cylinder seals are prob shot because you bottomed the piston in its cylinder when passing a little fang of rust deeper in at the cylinder wall. Its rust....belive me, I had it and was prepared when i changed the seals. Had to polish/rub whole inside of cylinder top to bottom with very fine emery cloth, cleaned and lubricated both piston and cylinder. There WAS a blob of water in the cylinder and there was this fang of rust which I could remove. Gave same treatment to clutch master cyl and slave. Bleeding was very straight forward with wife (buddy) at the pedals the old fashioned way. Had no problem what so ever after that. BTW, I changed all bleeding nipples and caps at the same time.
------------------------------------------------------
Lapponia 1984/944 na
Old 06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)