View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
overboosting after exhaust install?

So my car appears to be overboosting to 0.95 to 0.99bar after Fri's install of my Rarlyl8 dual outlet exhaust and WG stub pipe. Is this possible?

It's odd as my GReddy Profec B Spec II EBC is set to limit boost to 0.8bar max. How'd this suddenly get over ridden?

I went to double check the settings but now somehow cannot find that setting in its options - it's sort of a complicated unit and I'm not dat smaht. Used to just push option button and max boost would be displayed but not anymore. Have the billion page manual, will have to check I guess.

But why after exhaust install? The sound is *awesome* btw muwahahahahahaaa. But overboost is not 8-). I'll post up pics later, I'm def. psyched.

Oh also, unrelated - with the install, for now my buddy plugged my aux air pump with a large bolt, until I can source the injector dummy plugs. I thought that odd w/o disabling the pump to just plug it but he assured me I'm OK. Thoughts?

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-22-2008, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)