View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
I dunno how your dizzy advance/retard is configured (there are plethora of combinations depending on which market car was sold for, Cali and Japan being the most complicated) but you could re-route retard to give you more advance prior to boost?

I did just that on my SAAB og900 daily driver...I connected retard line on plenum itself instead of pipe going off the throttle housing (which gives no vaccum on idle). That gave me much more poke off boost. I'm running on E85 though so knock is more or less impossible.
Goran, Just to add to 356-930 post, my dizzy is a single port. From previous discussion I think the conclusion was it probably belongs to an earlier engine, and has a more aggresive curve. It hooks into the throttle body - but without removing intercooler etc, I can't tell which side of the butterfly it is plumbed into.
If it was the lower side - this would have a different effect than the topside?
I suspect it is the lower side - in which case I have the effect you are describing?
356 -930 - I'm not sure this is off topic - if it all relates to pre boost power - which was my original query. Given I have now found some fuel related power from 2000 rpm, I'm interested in what else I can find down in that range.
Alan
Old 06-22-2008, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)