View Single Post

Garage
EFI guys... What would you do in this situation?

Well, the saga continues. The honeymoon is over it seems, and the tuning reality is rearing its ugly head. As a followup to the prior post 930/4 Dyno day... the good, the bad and the ugly, fixed fuel pressure issues and are now running into tuning issues with the TEC1 system. Pretty much going nowhere fast, as calls to both Clewett engineering and Electromotive have been unproductive to say the least (no suprise to you guys i'm sure) My question is this.., if i go with say a Spectre or MS2, or whatever ECU, will i be able to keep any stuff from my present system (coil packs, crank trigger, etc) or will i have to ditch the entire system and start from scratch. My tuner is pretty savy with EFI tuning and installs in general, but is a little daunted by starting from ground zero with new system on this car. I have read just about every post here on EFI, and it seems that the Spectre, DTA or MS2 ECUs seem about equally good, but would one 'interface' with my existing system?. I am most familiar with MS, as i tuned my 911SC it, but this is a whole new level. What would you guys do in my position?
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 06-23-2008, 09:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)