View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
Thanks everyone! You've given me lots to think about.

Since I've never been in one I'm going down to a gathering in Detroit on Sat. Hopefully, I can at least swing a ride in one. I think this trip will be the decision maker for me.

BTW: My wife and kids think I'm crazy too.
Please consider keeping the 930 and instead of getting a 348, look into a 512 testarossa. the 348 will leave you wanting more and is quite intense to maintain when compared to a 930.

i would suggest you look at a properly serviced tr as it is VERY different than what you have now and VERY different from the 348. it also represents the best value in a true ferrari and will become your special occasion machine. the price of entry is a bit more than the 348 but the experience is vastly different and pictures will not do the tr justice...you must experience them in the flesh!!! don't expect it to be faster than your 930 (what is?) but do expect it to leave your knees weak and wanting to smoke a cigarette!!!

the cost of ownership of a tr can be quite expensive and a proper ppi is a must but still no guarantee. i have two ferraris in addition to my 930 and i can tell you my $20k transaxle story if you have the stomach to listen!!! that said, i would never sell my 512 bbi but likewise...i would never sell my 930. simply nothing to replace it with.

both the 930 and the 512 boxer are similar in that they really do represent the last of the breed!!!

best,

pcb
Old 06-24-2008, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)