View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferraripete View Post
Please consider keeping the 930 and instead of getting a 348, look into a 512 testarossa. the 348 will leave you wanting more and is quite intense to maintain when compared to a 930.

i would suggest you look at a properly serviced tr as it is VERY different than what you have now and VERY different from the 348. it also represents the best value in a true ferrari and will become your special occasion machine. the price of entry is a bit more than the 348 but the experience is vastly different and pictures will not do the tr justice...you must experience them in the flesh!!! don't expect it to be faster than your 930 (what is?) but do expect it to leave your knees weak and wanting to smoke a cigarette!!!

the cost of ownership of a tr can be quite expensive and a proper ppi is a must but still no guarantee. i have two ferraris in addition to my 930 and i can tell you my $20k transaxle story if you have the stomach to listen!!! that said, i would never sell my 512 bbi but likewise...i would never sell my 930. simply nothing to replace it with.

both the 930 and the 512 boxer are similar in that they really do represent the last of the breed!!!

best,

pcb
I like this advice. Perhaps you and Ferraripete could discuss offline (phone call), I bet he has further words of wisdom for you. That exhaust note on the F-car is intoxicating...

Another option, since you've already started in on the mods, is to really kick it up a notch and have some crazy-ass engine built for your 930. EFI, twin turbo....I doubt you'd want anything more
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)