View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
So my car appears to be overboosting to 0.95 to 0.99bar after Fri's install of my Rarlyl8 dual outlet exhaust and WG stub pipe. Is this possible?

It's odd as my GReddy Profec B Spec II EBC is set to limit boost to 0.8bar max. How'd this suddenly get over ridden?

I went to double check the settings but now somehow cannot find that setting in its options - it's sort of a complicated unit and I'm not dat smaht. Used to just push option button and max boost would be displayed but not anymore. Have the billion page manual, will have to check I guess.

But why after exhaust install? The sound is *awesome* btw muwahahahahahaaa. But overboost is not 8-). I'll post up pics later, I'm def. psyched.

Oh also, unrelated - with the install, for now my buddy plugged my aux air pump with a large bolt, until I can source the injector dummy plugs. I thought that odd w/o disabling the pump to just plug it but he assured me I'm OK. Thoughts?
Hi,
Could you describe what you mean by overboost? Is it making "overboost" while you are "in the throttle" or spiking when you lift off the throttle suddenly?
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)