View Single Post

I did my big brake conversion with VCI and He set me up with 13"X1 3/8" thick two piece (Non Floating) front rotors. Front, Rear calipers as well as rear 13" rotors are from 996 GT3. While this set up was as I recall near $5K with the master cylinder upgrade, it coupled with stainless braided brake hoses offers hand of god stopping power all day long.

My point being, I thought of looking for less expensive alternatives as well, but after years of trying to find just the right set up I went with the big stuff. I would hate to go to all the trouble of fitting calipers, rotors, etc... just to find out I still have brake fade issues.

Last, I dont like the idea of using a rat tail file to open up the holes on something that your life depends on EVERY single usage. I would find some kind of adaptor to make what ever you end up doing that isnt a direct fit work. Beyond just protecting your life, you could also end up threatening someone elses if something went wrong on the track or the street. I hate lawsuits.....

Just my .02............................................... Chris
Old 06-26-2008, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)