View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumba11 View Post
I did my big brake conversion with VCI and He set me up with 13"X1 3/8" thick two piece (Non Floating) front rotors. Front, Rear calipers as well as rear 13" rotors are from 996 GT3. While this set up was as I recall near $5K with the master cylinder upgrade, it coupled with stainless braided brake hoses offers hand of god stopping power all day long.

My point being, I thought of looking for less expensive alternatives as well, but after years of trying to find just the right set up I went with the big stuff. I would hate to go to all the trouble of fitting calipers, rotors, etc... just to find out I still have brake fade issues.
Sweet.

I agree; I nearly fitted the Boxster upgrade, but then I decided I was going to do the upgrade once and do it right.

Quote:
Last, I dont like the idea of using a rat tail file to open up the holes on something that your life depends on EVERY single usage. I would find some kind of adaptor to make what ever you end up doing that isnt a direct fit work. Beyond just protecting your life, you could also end up threatening someone elses if something went wrong on the track or the street. I hate lawsuits.....

Just my .02............................................... Chris
Again, +1.

The thing that makes me twitchy about brakes is that they could work fine with gentle usage for months. But all the forces and stressors are at their maximums when you're really, really, getting into the pedal.

Which is presumably because you need to either stop completely or to scrub off serious amounts of speed. That's not a good time to discover that your brake installation just isn't up to par...
Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)