View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
I've just been following your MS link - and it seems to rely on a crank trigger - but depicts it as the distributor . I get out of my depth at this point.
Hello Alan.

You can run distibutorless ignition in two ways (actually three):

1. You use crank and cam position sensor and let EFI trigger each plug when it should..
2. You use crank sensor only and fire the plugs twice as often instead. Crank sensor doesn't know OD is in exchaust or compression phase, thus it needs to fire on every OD.
3. (This one is high-end) You use crank sensor only, fire plugs twice as often during cranking, let EFI detect ignition phase by ion-sensing and then kill unneeded phase.

MSII can be configured to use wastefire concept described above in case 1 to deliver completly distributorless ignition and fueling.

It can also be configured to work with ordinary dizzy, by recieving signal from distributor pickup and then triggering single coil.

So it's up to you.

Want to keep dizzy and coil? No problem, remove CDI box, hook the pickup into MSII, let it feed the coil and voilá, you got fully programmable ignition (and fueling, if you install injectors as well).

Want to go coilpack distributorless ignition? No problem, you remove dizzy, CDI and everything else that has with ignition to do. You let MSII feed 6-cylinder Ford EDIS wastefire coilpack.

Want distibutorless coilpack and twin plug? No problem. Buy extra Ford EDIS, connect module inputs in parallel and multiplex cables for wastefire twin-plug application.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)