View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSloVo View Post
smokes only when warmed up. Once in a while is will smoke on start up but only a few seconds.

I am wondering what would/could go bad in the return pump system. it has a small oil leak near the pump and Im thinking if it is somehow pulling any air there it might not draw enough oil out of the tank. With the original oil return reservoir it often smokes bad on left handed turns as the tank is much longer (towards the left side) then the aftermarket tank forcing the oil back up into the turbo.

thanks guys for your suggestions/discussion .... this is really driving me crazy ... and I am getting ready to unload the car and go back to turbo volvos.
Looks like it is time for an INTERVENTION, cause if you're thinking of going from a 930 to a Volvo, we got some serious Emergent issues to work out here, before things get real ugly real fast! If I hear you say Prius, me and Sand_Man are going to show up, and we're bringin Marlin Perkins and Jim with us, and jim is going to have that big Azz Traquilizer gun with him. You know, the one he uses on the Elephants!! I'm starting to see Electro Convulsive therapy in your immediate future...
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)