View Single Post

Garage
Need a quiet muffler for Laguna Seca Track event

I am running a time trial at Laguna Seca in August and the sound police limit the engine music to 92 DB. I have a 79 930 with a zork exiting the passenger side . The car runs through Vision custom made headers and a Garrett based Kokeln turbo. I used to run a Borla xr 1 muffler ( which I still have ) but I believe it will still be too loud. I was thinking about putting the borla back on and adding another muffler set up with a 90 degree bend to the driver side. Sound mike is on a fast stretch of the track on the passenger side.
This set up has to be temporary as I don't have to worry about noise at Willow Springs, Buttonwillow and Cal Speedway. Your thoughts and advise are appreciated. My biggest concern is spending a bunch of cash getting up there and getting blackflagged for noise.
Just a note, I am like most of you, once you get to hear an un-mufflered 930 at 150 mph down the straight, you never want to put a muffler back on.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)