View Single Post

Jamie, greets from the sunny Eastside! Got no leads, sorry - but you might try posting on the PNW forum?

On a '77 930, my understanding is that you have the same brakes that my middie S came with, so you have most of the same considerations I do, except your flares mean you can fit front spacers to clear calipers without fender clearance being so much of an issue.

Like I said, I think 3.2 calipers & rotors are cheap, bolt-on, easily available, a significant upgrade to '77 brakes and perfectly adequate for street use. Heck, SC brakes would be a replacement for your current setup.

I've been watching 930 brakes go up in price all the while I've been dithering for my own upgrade. Those calipers look in nice condition and the price isn't out of line from what I've seen. After all, that's what he paid for 'em... Shame you'll need machining to use the rears (just like I would). By the time you add rotors, hats, pads and a 23mm M/C, you're into that setup for what, $4,000 and some?

For that kind of money, it's my belief you actually have a lot of choices, all of which are better/bigger. If you want to retain 15" Fuchs or something, you'd be more limited.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)