View Single Post

Garage
I ran into the problem of the roller picking the lube off the bearings as I was rolling the 574 on. As far as being on the clock goes, the 574 does not start to cure until there is no air around it, or in other words until the case halves go together. You can put some 574 on a surface and leave it exposed to the air and the next day it will still be pliable. Anyway it is a matter of technique and whatever way you choose to put the stuff on. And yes I used plenty of assembly lube. Too much for sure. But next time I will roll the case, then lube the bearings. If you skip putting the orings on the through bolts before you torque them you have a lot more time anyway. I just went back and took them apart one at a time and then put the orings on and retorqued. When I sealed my case the whole thing was torqued up about 30 minutes after the case halves went together. As far as the sealant went, I put a very light coating of the 574.
Ray

An ex F1 driver, and Porsche fanatic (my stepfather) once told me that if you listen very carefully on a quiet night you can actually HEAR Porsches rusting in the garage!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)