View Single Post

930 Newbie Questions

Search has been my friend since I bought my 930 last week. A number of my questions have been answered. I knew these cars were more complicated than normally aspirated 911s, but I'm still amazed at the complexity difference.

Here's a couple of things that I'm still curious about:

1) I know that a 1 bar w/g spring is a bad idea in an otherwise stock car. I've seen threads indicating that you risk damaging your engine without a bigger turbo and intercooler. My question is: what about a 0.8 bar spring? My car's PO installed it but I have the stock spring (0.6, right?). My car definitely has a stock intercooler and I'm pretty sure it has a stock turbo. Should I go back to the stock spring for the long term health of the engine?

2) The car seems to run a bit after shutting it off. This seems to be more common when the car is warmer. You know: sputter, sputter, rumble....off. Is this normal?

3) I'm following kilodawg's thread about black smoke under heavy acceleration. black smoke and fuel heads (turbo newbie). I can't see it myself, but I'm told mine does the same thing.

Any help, experience or comments are appreciated.

Todd
'85 911 Targa - sold
Old 06-30-2008, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)