View Single Post
DW SD DW SD is offline
Registered User
DW SD's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Encinitas (San Diego CA)
Posts: 4,495
Have someone assess the emissions out the tailpipe.
To smog legitimately, you will need to go to the CA Smog referee. I would do this only after you know it will meet the requirements. It will likely need a check engine light, too and all of the smog equipment, PCV, proper airbox etc.

You can email MikeZ on this board. He is an expert on California emissions and might offer some good advice.
You might be able to locate someone who would help you find alternate methods, too.
All in all, a dicey and pricey proposition at best.

1971 RSR - interpretation
Old 06-30-2008, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)